Sunday, September 28, 2008

Leica at long last...

**
ORIGINAL POST: 12 Feb 2008
**


Ah... to see the scans come back from the lab.

It makes a guy feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

A couple of these rolls were exposed to X-rays... I don't think it hurt them though...

Just see for yourself...


I know its really soon since my last post from Egypt, but there are a few things that can't wait... Scans from a drum scanner bring out the nerd in me. If you have no idea what a drum scanner is - don't worry about it...

So, here we go...


The first time I walk down the streets in Athens, I see a Leica M8... and as he takes pictures similar to the first one - I take one of him.

And, because a guy can't resist the adorable...

Somehow this cat gets up on the roof of our building... Oh well...

Lets see...

Whoa... this is actually really old... but just now being seeing! From the Detroit Airport... this was one of those rolls that got blasted with the X-rays.

I love airports and going through them. I love seeing the cross-section of our country and world represented in one place.

Wow... I've seen so much since that photo was taken. I love remembering. Sure it hasn't been THAT long... but... it seems silly...

I love the streets of Athens. The little back alleys. And the little back alleys on film. That digital sensor just doesn't show the love...

Beautiful. Very random. But a mighty pretty thing.

Slightly overexposed... but no meter and using my mental exposure calculator didn't do THAT bad of a job.

Syntagma Square. There is always SOOO much going on - visually. See? Just one frame captures so many random things of life...

That one is 1/1000 @ f/11 at 400ISO.

This one is 1/15 @ f/1.5 at 400ISO from the hip. Why was I being a chicken? Because he was freaking out for some reason - he was on the phone with the police, I found out later.

How did I know?

Because I hung out to find out...

Well, if you guys DON'T know... about a week later, the man whose picture is hanging over his head in that office - the Archbishop of the Greek Orthodox Church - died. The voting for the new one was a day or two ago.

But that's sad...

And these photos make me happy.

Because they are so awesomely random. I like random things. I love random things.

Like this...

And, in a very Elliott Erwitt style...

And to finish up...

Nothing excessively profound... but I love Athens. I love film in Athens.

Goodnight, my friends.

~Noah D

No comments: