Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Family. Friends. Film.

"Whoa, that's old school..." or "Why do you have that?" or "Hey, is that a Leica?"


Its usually what people zero in on first when I'm carrying my Leica M4-P. I've been carrying it on real jobs a lot more frequently these days. Not for any reason in particular...


I mean, I don't think I've had many (if any) published photos from it. But that's usually because I take too long to develop the film.

But I still love everything about it.


The feel.


The grit.


The automatic conversation piece for people.

"You shoot film?" they ask as if that's some alien concept now.

"Yeah," I say as though two other DSLR's hanging on my shoulder aren't enough of an answer, "but just for my fun."

I mainly get my kicks from getting photos back from the lab I forgot I made.


But usually that can be blamed on the inordinate amount of time it took to get them to the lab in the first place.


But it makes me look pretty hardcore to show up with a gallon zip-lock baggie of film.

I just don't tell them it took a few months to accumulate so many.


Yeah, like photos of my family in a fully bloomed rose garden was taken last week...

This color film was bought in Greece last spring. I just finished using the last few rolls.


It was almost sentimental seeing the rolls go to print. "Oh, I remember when I bought you little Fuji 200 in that little seaside town in southeast Greece.

Riiiight...

Its all in the moments. Not in the film.


Family, friends, and film. Good stuff.


I'm a bit behind on some blogs so expect a few more in the next few days.

There was a shoot yesterday that I really have to get through some of this backlog to get to... so... anticipate.

Stay tuned,
-Noah D.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Not surprisingly, I love the ones of Grant, especially.