Friday, March 6, 2009

No more basketball... I think...

Not too much to say about photos of the last home basketball game.


I mean, how profound could I really get.


I mean, I guess I could talk about the luck I had catching flashes. But there's nothing really excessively deep about that...


Just really really lucky.

I used the ceiling-mounted strobes for the girl's game...


...but the regular mounted flash for the men's.

But its kinda fun to get creative when the flashy basketball shots and demon red-eyes get a little old.


Trying to tell the story of a basketball game... less basketball... more atmosphere...




Oh, and did I mention this was the first major shoot where I was able to use the newest addition to the family: the venerable AF Nikkor 17-55/2.8. It is a beast.

It was great to get up and close with the crowd.


It was a rowdy crowd.


A photogenic crowd.


And it was fun to have such a range. I didn't change a lens the entire night. And for a little side-job I had to shoot our radio announcers.


I'm kinda sad to see basketball end for the season. I may be shooting the Gulf South Conference finals on Saturday if our guys win tomorrow night. We'll see...

But that remains to be seen.

Care to stay tuned?
-Noah D.

No comments: