Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My college plays basketball...

Though the blog posts may not tell it, I have been working a lot these days.

Many of these "work" moments occur as taking photos of groups or functions, not many that are THAT fun... so, I really try to do things that I love to do... like, actually take usable photos instead of snapshots of people at parties.


Wow, I sound like I'm hatin' on some snapshots...

Don't get me wrong, snapshots at functions are where the paying jobs are... but, really, who wants to do that ALL the time just for money? Besides, nobody in my position as the fledgling photographer does it for money... we do it because we love it.

And, besides, this time of the year is a BIT slow. Not many organizations schedule things during the weeks leading up to finals.

But basketball continues!


And basketball is fun to shoot.

At least, I think so.

I was having issues with the lights tonight, but I think I can blame that on the 5D's contact with the remote.

I was also using the D300 with my boss' Nikkor 80-400 VR... which is a pretty sweet lens. It's a little dark on the long end, but it can reach a long long way...

...and see things like this:


Bad call?

But the 80mm end has some great out-of-focus rendering, too...


...even if the zoom ring is a long long way around to zoom from 80mm to 400mm.

But enough of that technical stuff. I just love me some photos...


That's not creepy at all...

Whoa.

So, anyways, I do take photos, believe it or not... and I love doing it.

Its finals week and its icey outside and it hasn't broken 25degreesF all day. My apartment parking lot is a solid sheet of ice.
No, really...




Stay tuned.
~noah d.

No comments: