Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It is good to stretch yourself...

It seems as though I have been shooting a lot of portraits lately... which, honestly, is a great great thing. I love stretching my comfort level with various equipment.

My heart lies with natural, ambient light...

...but I could get used to this flash thing.


I think the select was this one:


My friend Philip needed a portrait for the book jacket of his almost-out photojournalism book on his time he spent in Haiti.

I'm a fan of the cinematographic crop.

I did football portraits the other day, too...

100-something of this:


Also, the incoming Student Association... (I still call it SGA. Is there a difference without the "government" part?) Very simple, semi-corporate photo... minus the corporate duds.



I enjoy the challenge of making all the lighting different. Different light-shaping, different poses, interacting with different people in different ways.

Maybe its because I'm just not good enough to duplicate a set yet... things are able to be random and still look like I know what I'm doing.

Hence the "Fledgling Photographer" continues...

:)

Stay tuned,
-Noah D.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great portraits of Philip. I didn't know you were shooting the SA. Very nice, very nice. And there is a difference without "government." I'll let you ponder that. :)